At this year’s ICIP conference (IEEE International Conference on Image Processing) in Brussels, a round table was organized on reproducible research. Martin Vetterli (EPFL) was one of the panel members, the others were Thrasos Pappas (Northwestern Univ.), Thomas Sikora (Technical University of Berlin), Edward Delp (Purdue University), and Khaled El-Maleh (Qualcomm). Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the panel discussion myself, but I’d be very happy to read your feedback and comments on the discussion in the comments below. And let the discussion continue here…!
The conference also particularly mentioned in the call for papers that they would give a “Reproducible code available” label. A best code prize would also be awarded, however, I did not hear anything about it later anymore. I am curious how many submissions would have been received. When scanning through the papers, I could find 9 papers mentioning something about their code being available online:
- Chuohao Yeo, Yih Han Tan, Zhengguo Li, Susanto Rahardja, CHROMA INTRA PREDICTION USING TEMPLATE MATCHING WITH RECONSTRUCTED LUMA COMPONENTS, http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/download/.
- Li Chen, Yang Xiang, YaoJie Chen, XiaoLong Zhang, RETINAL IMAGE REGISTRATION USING BIFURCATION STRUCTURES, http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/23015-feature-based-retinal-image-registration.
- Christian Keimel, Manuel Klimpke, Julian Habigt and Klaus Diepold, NO-REFERENCE VIDEO QUALITY METRIC FOR HDTV BASED ON H.264/AVC BITSTREAM FEATURES, www.ldv.ei.tum.de/videolab.
- Athanasios Voulodimos, Dimitrios Kosmopoulos, Georgios Vasileiou, Emmanuel Sardis, Anastasios Doulamis, Vassileios Anagnostopoulos, Constantinos Lalos, Theodora Varvarigou, A DATASET FOR WORKFLOWRECOGNITION IN INDUSTRIAL SCENES, http://www.scovis.eu/.
- Roland Kwitt, Peter Meerwald, Andreas Uhl and Geert Verdoolaege, TESTING A MULTIVARIATE MODEL FOR WAVELET COEFFICIENTS, http://www.wavelab.at/sources/.
- Yizhen Huang, WAVELET-BASED QUALITY CONSTRAINED COMPRESSION USING BINARY SEARCH, http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~huangyz/imageCompression.rar.
- Thomas Stütz and Andreas Uhl, EFFICIENTWAVELET PACKET BASIS SELECTION IN JPEG2000, http://www.wavelab.at/sources/.
- E. Gil-Rodrigo, J. Portilla, D. Miraut, R. Suarez-Mesa, EFFICIENT JOINT POISSON-GAUSS RESTORATION USING MULTI-FRAME L2-RELAXED-L0 ANALYSIS-BASED SPARSITY, – announced code, but I could not find it yet – .
- J. Portilla, E. Gil-Rodrigo, D. Miraut, R. Suarez-Mesa, CONDY: ULTRA-FAST HIGH PERFORMANCE RESTORATION USING MULTI-FRAME L2-RELAXED-L0 SPARSITY AND CONSTRAINED DYNAMIC HEURISTICS, to become available on http://www4.io.csic.es/PagsPers/JPortilla/portada/software.